Studio 2000 Application Summer 2017
Studio 2000 will be offered this summer from June 12 through August 3, 2017 on Monday, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 pm until 6:00 pm at Shawnee Arts & Cultural Center, 607 South 37th Street. Students age 14 to 18 that are interested in pursuing visual art as a career will have the opportunity to work with professional artists in clay, fiber, mixed media, or mural art and receive a $500 stipend at the end of the eight-week program.
There will be a public exhibit/sale at the end of the summer program. Proceeds are returned to Studio 2000 to support future programming.
Requirements for Application:
- Complete the Studio 2000 Application Form
- A minimum of 3-6 works of art (to be emailed as jpegs to email@example.com at the time of submitting application)
- 2 letters of recommendation from an art teacher or a person who can credit your skill as a visual artist
- Application Deadline: March 24th, at 6PM
- Interviews: March 29th and 30th
- Student Notification: April 5th