Marketing and Communications; Full-time
Louisville Visual Art is offering an opportunity for a dynamic, committed professional looking for growth and development in a challenging non-profit visual arts environment. Some experience necessary; undergraduate degree or higher preferred. This individual will be responsible for sharing LVA’s narrative and engage the community through photography, video, and social media management through the following tasks:
· Share LVA’s narrative and engage the community through photography, video, and social media management.
· Maintain and develop content for LVA's blog
· Develop marketing strategies for events/programming
· Maintain brand consistency across all digital and print platforms
· Document projects, events and programs through video and photography
· Proof all outgoing materials for brand integrity
· Research, write, edit, and proof online and printed content while ensuring all messaging effectively supports the goals and mission of LVA
· Write and distribute press releases and monthly newsletter
· Create and send informational emails for LVA programs
· Post events and opportunities on partner websites
· Seek out and secure promotion/advertising opportunities
· Assist with events from conception through completion
· Facilitate and oversee recruitment/mentorship of interns
· Participate in procurement of sponsorship for special events and various programming
· Manage operation of membership, including changes in coverage, new applications, cancellations renewals, etc.
- Excellent writing skill set
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Suite
- Social Media
- Photography and video skills
- Ability to excel in fast-paced work environment
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and collaborate freely with peers, clients, vendors and artist members
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 2+ years experience in marketing, communications or arts related field
- Commitment to the mission of LVA
Serious inquiries should submit full resume, cover letter, and 3 references along with a writing sample (no more than one page) as to "The Value of the Arts in Our Community", no later than May 8, 2017 to: Lindy Casebier at email@example.com
Louisville Visual Art has established and adopted an Equal Employment Opportunity Employment policy (EEO), which is part of the Organization’s Human Resources Policy. The purpose of this EEO policy is to ensure that all employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis, and without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. In some cases, local laws and regulations may provide greater protections than those outlined here.
Additional Employment Opportunities:
We are always looking for new art teachers to grow our CFAC, Academy, and Open Doors programs— please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can have your information when we are looking to fill a new teaching position.